Tambopata Rainforest Lodge: Tambopata River basin is considered one of the most diverse areas of the planet. Its forests, rivers and lakes protect an important variety of flora and wildlife, which develop in a delicate balance that must be preserved for the future. Here, not many know, there is a group of people working with that goal (Mother of God – the green house in Peru)
Tambopata Rainforest Lodge 4D/3N
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Tambopata National Reserve, Sandoval Lake Reserve
- Activities: Monkey, jungle trips, tambopata tours, tambopata rainforest lodge, macaw clay lick, amazon wildlife
- Length: 4 Days/3 Nights
- sland, Sandoval Lake, piranhas fishing, canopy, zip-line
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 265 USD
Short description of the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge
During the Tropical Rainforest – Eco Tambo Lodge Tour, you are given an opportunity to try some adrenaline sports such as canopy and zip-line amidst the wild jungle nature of the Tambopata National Reserve! You also give a try to sport fishing of dangerous piranhas! Moreover, you visit Sandoval Lake with its family of giant river otters as well as the Monkey Island, a habitat of 3 monkey species!
Quick Itinerary of the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Madre de Dios River – Monkey Island – Tambopata Rainfores Lodge
Day 2: Tambopata Rainforest Lodge – Sandoval Lake
Day 3: Tambopata Rainforest Lodge – Piranhas Fishing – Canopy – Zip-Line
Day 4: Tambopata Rainforest Lodge – Madre de Dios River – Puerto Maldonado[tab: ITINERARY TOURS]
DAY 1: TAMBOPATA RAINFOREST LODGE – PUERTO MALDONADO – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – MONKEY ISLAND
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to the port of Puerta Capitania where you board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River for an hour. On the way, we observe various flora and animal species such as turtles, birds, capybaras and lizards sunbathing on the river shores.
Then, we shortly stop at the Monkey Island (Isla de los Monos) to view some of its 3 monkey species. Later, we reach the Eco Tambo Lodge where we are welcomed by a fresh fruit juice! Afterwards, we accommodate ourselves in twin private rooms and enjoy a short rest. Later on, we follow jungle paths while our experienced Tour Guide explains us about local animals and plants such as trees having over 500 years of age (!), medicinal plants, toucans, orioles, trogons, macaws, monkeys, butterflies, etc. We get back for dinner then.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 2: TAMBOPATA RAINFOREST LODGE – SANDOVAL LAKE
After breakfast, we board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River until we get to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check we start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake. There, we take a canoe bringing us to the centre of the lake where we are served lunch watching its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, pumas, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, Jesus birds (or lily trotters), red howler monkeys, common squirrel monkeys, white-faced capuchins, sloths, etc. In the end of the day, we return to the lodge for dinner, a shower and overnight.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 3: TAMBOPATA RAINFOREST LODGE – PIRANHAS FISHING – CANOPY – ZIP LINE
In the morning, we start walking on surrounding jungle paths enabling us to get to know the biodiversity that this Amazonian jungle site includes. Just to name some of the plant kingdom, you can find there some medicinal plants, ayahuasca, giant and very old jungle trees or chestnuts. Local representatives of the animal kingdom are birds, mammals, reptiles, butterflies, etc. Then, we try to fish piranhas in the Gamitana River.
After that, we get back to the lodge for lunch and a short break. Afterwards, an adrenaline activity awaits us as we try canopy – a walk on a hanging bridge to observe the Amazon landscape from another perspective! But no worries, this is not the only adrenaline sport that you can check today as we are given an opportunity to do zip-line immediately after that!! The zip-line is located above trees in a height of 30 metres! Finally, we return to our lodge for dinner and a sleep.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 4: TAMBOPATA RAINFOREST LODGE – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – PUERTO MALDONADO
After breakfast, we board a motorboat taking us back to Puerto Maldonado sailing up the Madre de Dios River. There, we pick our baggage up from the office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service!
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!![tab: INCLUDED]
Included in the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fees to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 3x breakfast, 3 lunch, 3 dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 3 nights in lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Special equipment for canopy and zip-line;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
Confirmed departures of the Tambopata Rainforest Lodge[tab: ECO TAMBO LODGES]
ECO TAMBO LODGE IN Tambopata Rainforest Lodge 4 days / 3 nights