Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge 3D/2N
- Length: 3 Days/2 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Tambopata National Reserve, Sandoval Lake Reserve
- Activities: Monkey Island, Sandoval Lake, canopy, Tambopata Jungle tours
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 230 USD
Short description of the Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge:
Discover the rich biodiversity during the Tambopata Jungle Tour – Eco Tambo Lodge! You can explore with us this part of Amazon jungle that refuges giant over 500 year old trees as well as a wide range of flora and fauna!!
You visit Sandoval Lake with its family of giant river otters as well as the Monkey Island, a habitat of 3 monkey species!
Moreover, you have an opportunity to try the adrenaline sport of canopy in the midst of the wild jungle nature of the Tambopata National Reserve!
Quick Itinerary of the Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge:
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Madre de Dios River – Monkey Island – Eco Tambo Lodge
Day 2: Eco Tambo Lodge – Sandoval Lake
Day 3: Eco Tambo Lodge – Canopy – Madre de Dios River – Puerto Maldonado[tab: ITINERARY]
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – MONKEY ISLAND –ECO TAMBO LODGE
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to the port of Puerta Capitania where you board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River for an hour. On the way, we observe various flora and animal species such as turtles, birds, capybaras and lizards sunbathing on the river shores.
Then, we shortly stop at the Monkey Island (Isla de los Monos) to view some of its 3 monkey species. Later, we reach the Eco Tambo Lodge where we are welcomed by a fresh fruit juice! Afterwards, we accommodate ourselves in twin private rooms and enjoy a short rest. Later on, we follow jungle paths while our experienced Tour Guide explains us about local animals and plants such as trees having over 500 years of age (!), medicinal plants, toucans, orioles, trogons, macaws, monkeys, butterflies, etc. We get back for dinner then.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 2: ECO TAMBO LODGE – SANDOVAL LAKE
After breakfast, we board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River until we get to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check we start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake. There, we take a canoe bringing us to the centre of the lake where we are served lunch watching its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, pumas, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, Jesus birds (or lily trotters), red howler monkeys, common squirrel monkeys, white-faced capuchins, sloths, etc. In the end of the day, we return to the lodge for dinner, a shower and overnight.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 3: ECO TAMBO LODGE – CANOPY – MADRE DE DIOS RIVER – PUERTO MALDONADO
We wake up very early today giving us a chance to try the adrenaline sport of canopy – a walk on a hanging bridge to observe the Amazon landscape from another perspective! Afterwards, we go back to the lodge to have breakfast and get ready for our return way to Puerto Maldonado. Then, we board a motorboat and sail up the Madre de Dios River. When in Puerto Maldonado, we pick our baggage up from the office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service!
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!![tab: INCLUDED]
Included in the Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fees to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 2 breakfast, 2lunch, 2 dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 2 nights in lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Canopy equipment;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
Confirmed departures of the Tambopata Jungle Tour – Eco Tambo Lodge:[tab: ECO TAMBO LODGES]
ECO TAMBO LODGE IN Tambopata Jungle Tours – Eco Tambo Lodge 3 days / 2 nights
Invalid Displayed Gallery