Jungle Tours 2days /1nights
Short description of the Jungle Tours:
- Length: 2 Days/1 Nights
- Lodge: Maloka Reserve
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve
- Activities: Jungle Tours , Sandoval Lake , Palm Clay Lick
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD :170
Quick Itinerary of the Jungle Tours:
- Tour Day 1: Puerto Maldonado –Jungle Tours – Maloka Lodge
- Tour Day 2: Sandoval Lake – Jungle Tours –Puerto Maldonado
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Jungle Tours – Maloka Lodge:
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River. On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys, turtles, caimans, etc., until we reach a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (1 and half an hour) to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Maloka Lodge
There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch, we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. Then, we return to the Maloka lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation, as caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We overnight in the Maloka lodge.
Day 2: Sandoval Lake – Jungle Tours – Puerto Maldonado:
Today, we wake up very early go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called Macaw Palm Tree (Collpa de Palmeras ) and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve.
We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. We return to the lodge for lunch. Afterwards, we get ready for a return way boarding a canoe again to sail over the Sandoval Lake followed by a walk to the checkpoint and from there sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
Included in the Jungle Tours:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation to sandoval lake;
- Transfer transportation to the airport.
- Rooms with private bathroom 1 Nights in lodge Maloka
- First-aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Rubber boots for sandoval lake.
Not included in the Jungle Tours:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What You Need to Bring in the Jungle Tours:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
MALOKA LODGE Jungle Tours 2 days / 1 Nights
AMAZON LODGE MALOKA – SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE
Amazon Lodge Maloka: Is located in the reserve sandoval lake located in the north west part of the city of Cusco, hostel maloka its buildings are typical in the Amazon jungle of Peru, the ceilings are woven palm leaves ,Night lighting is provided by battery-supported sources that are loaded with solar panels during the day ,private, double, triple and single rooms with their own private showers and bathrooms
PHOTOS AMAZON LODGE MALOKA SANDOVAL LAKE:
AMAZON BIRDS (Great Egret)
A Great Egret (Egretta alba) waits motionlessly alongside an oxbow shaped lake for any sudden movement that might indicate the presence
of prey. Great Egrets feed mostly on fish and other aquatic organisms that they hunt along lakeshore edges. They have an enormous distribution, ranging literally around the planet wherever marshy or pond areas are found.
Booking Now to Sandoval Lake Lodge Reserve
Use the form below to Book now with trips to Machu Picchu – Operator Agency in Peru – Trekking Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek Lares Trek, Choquequirao Trek, City Tours Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Lima, Tambopata, Lake Sandoval Reserve, Sandoval Lake Lodge, Manu National Park, Amazon Iquitos. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Tour Name: Jungle Tours 2 days / 1 nights
Comentarios o Preguntas son bienvenidos.
Online Payments Sandoval Lake Lodge
Online payments with VISA to SANDOVAL LAKE. To pay for this medium On Line, click the icon or link Visa payment – ONLINE PAYMENTS; you will be transferred to the form where you can perform the operation with your credit card safely with ITS.