Amazon Wildlife 2days.- The Corto Amazonia lodge has 27 comfortable bungalows built from wood and beautifully finished. For your convenience, we offer 2 bedrooms with kingsize bed, and 25 double or triple rooms. Each bungalow has a private bathroom with 24 hour hot water and a large terrace with hammocks where you can enjoy the excellent view of the Madre de Dios river and the jungle around us. Privacy is guaranteed to be sufficiently separated from each bungalow others. If you carry valuables, each bungalow has its own safe for peace of mind. Stroll in the gardens is an opportunity for indigenous rainforest trees and tropical flowers that feed macaws and parrots and small monkeys at sunset. Amid the lodge facilities is our pool terrace bar to enjoy a refreshing swim at any time. The main dining room has a capacity for 50 people, and a beautiful view of the pier and the Madre de Dios River. On both sides of the main building you can find crafts boutique with own region or souvenirs for your family and friends and the bar where an exquisite cocktail and enjoy the company of other travelers. The lodge facilities are complemented: 40 sq m terrace overlooking the river.
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Region, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve, Tambopata Reserve
- Activities: Amazon Wildlife, Puerto Maldonado, Corto Amazonia Lodge, Sandoval Lake Lodge, Lake Sandoval, Rainforest walk, free time, Caiman Safari, Clay lick Palmera, Parrots clay lick, Market & Farewell
- Altitude: 139-400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: Year Round
- Departure: Everyday
- Minimum participants: 2
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
detailed itinerary of Sandoval Lake Lodge
Amazon wildlife 2 days / 1 night
Tours Day 1: Arrival Puerto Maldonado – Corto Amazonia Lodge – Rainforest Walk – Caiman Safari – Amazon wildlife
Back at the Lodge, you can relax at the pool or in the hammocks on the terrace of your bungalow, savor an exotic cocktail at the bar, enjoy a relaxing massage by our qualified staff, visit our shop for a handcrafted souvenir of the Rainforest or head to the riverside to view the breathtaking sunset.
7:00 pm: “Caiman Safari”. Before dinner, we will leave for a nocturnal boat trip to observe caimans and, with a bit of luck, other animals which populate the riverbank
Tours Day 2: Parrots Clay Lick – Market & farewell – Amazon wildlife
Wake up at 5:30 am for some coffee or tea before leaving for a 20 minutes walk to the clay lick, where you will have the possibility to observe 3 to 5 types of parrots. The parrots come to the clay lick to ingest a particular kind of clay, to be found in certain areas of this region, and vital for the regulation of their metabolism. A colorful and veritable delightful and exciting event.
8:00 am: Breakfast and free time.
After breakfast, transit to the city of Puerto Maldonado in our boats.
One of our vehicles will receive you at the port. After a short stop at our office, we will drive to the local market where the population supplies itself with food and other products. During a short visit, you will be able to appreciate the different typical products of the area. We will then head to the airport for the check-in and registration of your respective flights.
Included in the Tour Amazon Wildlife 2 days:
- Professional guide for amazon wildlife;
- Bus and Boat river transport;
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner and drinking water (Note: the vegetarian option on request at no additional cost);
- Hostel: 1 night Corto Amazonia lodge;
- First aid kit, including a venom extractor, treatment and mosquito bites an antidote for snakebite;
- Radio Communication;
- Rubber boots (Jebe).
- Entrance to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
Not included in the tour Amazon Wildlife 2 days:
- Airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- First breakfast and lunch the last day;
Recommendations to bring the Amazon Wildlife 2 days:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 minimum recommended!)
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeve cotton shirts (preferably green)
- Long cotton pants,
- Long cotton socks,
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (for example, rain poncho)
- Camera and charger,
- Plastic bags used for clothes and camera,
- One hat as protection from the sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Flashlight (and batteries)
- Bottle of water (1 liter minimum)
- Pocket Money (Soles) to buy some drinks and souvenirs,