Short description of the Amazon Travel:
- Length: 3 Days/2 Nights
- Lodge : Maloka Reserve
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve
- Activities: Tambopata Sandoval Lake, palm clay-lick
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 240 USD
Quick Itinerary of the Amazon Travel:
- Tour Day 1: Puerto Maldonado –Amazon Travel – Maloka Lodge:
- Tour Day 2: Amazon Travel – Macaw Palm Tree – Giant River Otters
- Tour Day 3: Amazon Travel – Puerto Maldonado
Itinerario Detallado de Sandoval Lake Lodge
Amazon Travel 3days/ 2nights
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado – Amazon Travel – Maloka Lodge:
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River.
On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys, turtles, caimans, etc., until we reach a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (1 and half an hour) to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Maloka Lodge.
There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch, we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. Then, we return to the lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation, as caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We overnight in the Maloka lodge.
Day 2: Amazon Travel – Macaw Palm Tree – Giant River Otters:
Today, we wake up very early to go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called .Palm Tree Clay Lick (Collpa de Palmeras) and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve.
We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. For lunch, we get back to the lodge. Afterwards, we have given some time off to rest or enjoy a bath in the Sandoval Lake (no worries, there are no piranhas or other danger animals during the day). Then, we board a canoe to cross the lake to a place where we can better appreciate a beautiful sunset above the lake! At 7 pm, we return to the lodge for dinner while waiting for the moonlight, a suitable time to go watching caimans again! An overnight is in the Maloka lodge.
Day 3: Amazon Travel – Puerto Maldonado:
After breakfast, we first board a canoe to sail over the Sandoval Lake to later walk back to the checkpoint and from there, we continue sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado.
We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
Included in the Amazon Travel:
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Rooms with private bathroom 2 nights in lodge Maloka ;
- First aid kit,
- Rubber boots.
- Entrance Fee to Sandoval Lake Reserve .
Not included in the Amazon Travel:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Alcoholic Drinks;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon Travel:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
Maloka Lodge Amazon Travel 3 days / 2 nights:
AMAZON LODGE MALOKA – SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE
Amazon Lodge Maloka: Is located in the reserve sandoval lake located in the north west part of the city of Cusco, hostel maloka its buildings are typical in the Amazon jungle of Peru, the ceilings are woven palm leaves ,Night lighting is provided by battery-supported sources that are loaded with solar panels during the day ,private, double, triple and single rooms with their own private showers and bathrooms
PHOTOS AMAZON LODGE MALOKA SANDOVAL LAKE:
Amazon Travel 3days/ 2nights
Rainforest Malmals : (large rodents) on trails or canoe rides, a creature resembling an over-size guinea-pig on a diet is occasionally seen by a sharp-eyed observer. the animal is most likely a large rodent, of which the capybara is the best-known. capybara characteristically,
species in this group are strictly terrestrial and uniformly coloured, with a low stance, long legs and either a small or no tail.
Booking Now to Sandoval Lake Lodge Reserve
Use the form below to Book now with trips to Machu Picchu – Operator Agency in Peru – Trekking Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek Lares Trek, Choquequirao Trek, City Tours Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Lima, Tambopata, Lake Sandoval Reserve, Sandoval Lake Lodge, Manu National Park, Amazon Iquitos. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Tour Name: Amazon Travel 3days/ 2nights
Comments or questions are welcome.
Online Payments Sandoval Lake Lodge
Online payments with VISA to SANDOVAL LAKE. To pay for this medium On Line, click the icon or link Visa payment – ONLINE PAYMENTS; you will be transferred to the form where you can perform the operation with your credit card safely with ITS.