Amazon River Expeditions Pariamanu 7 days / 6 nights
Highlights: Amazon River Expeditions:
- The tour of the Amazon river expeditions will have a nice travel experience with a vast and ecological diversity , flora, fauna , and cultural native communities in the Peruvian Amazon with their Inca customs.
- Has a moisture content between 80 % to 90 % on average and with temperatures between 60 and 100 degrees F.
- There exploratory tours in remote places in the Peruvian jungle and the river of Amazons tambopata .
- Our camps are inside the jungle hammocks , tents , hostels , lodges , etc. .
- We will interact with native communities in the area of Tambopata and wildlife of the forest.
This adventure trip in the Amazon River Expeditions visit a variety of tropical areas in the Amazon jungle , will be in contact with the ecological and cultural diversity of the Amazon and the interaction with local communities on the banks of the Amazon River by changing their perception of city life to an Amazonian environment.
Tours to puerto maldonado, sandoval lake, tambopata expeditions and adventures in amazon river expeditions by 7 days / 6 nights:
- Length: 7 Days
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Lake Sandoval, Amazon River Expeditions
- Activities: Jungle Trip, Macaw Clay Lick, Wakls, Swimming, Camping Place, Canopy Walk, Native Family, Sandoval Lake, Lodges, Amazon River Expeditions
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Quick Itinerary of the Amazon River Expeditions:
Tour Day 1: PUERTO MALDONADO HOTEL, JUNGLE ADVENTURE TRIP
Tour Day 2: MACAW CLAY LICK, WAKLS, SWIMMING AMAZON RIVER
Tour Day 3: MACAW CLAY LICK, WAKLS, SWIMMING, AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS
Tour Day 4: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS, CAMPING PLACE, CANOPY WALK, NATIVE FAMILY
Tour Day 5: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS, CAMPING PLACE, SANDOVAL LAKE
Tour Day 6: MACAW PALM LICK, SWIMING IN THE LAKE, AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS
Tour Day 7: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS LODGE, TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT[tab: ITINERARY]
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO HOTEL, JUNGLE ADVENTURE TRIP:
Pick up from the airport or bus station, and transfer to the port where we will receive a tropical fruit beverage and begin our motor trip in the Madre de Dios River, during the boat trip will see different confluences of the rivers on this area, as: Piedras River, Pariamanu River, etc. On the way we will see different kind of birds as: herons, egrets, cormorants, wild duck, vultures, kingfishers, eagles, caracaras, caimans and turtles sunning on the beaches, capybaras (the largest rodent in the world). Then we will have our box lunch on board, and then we will arrive to our camping place where we will accommodate. The camping place is located in the primary forest which we guaranty you the best experience in your life.
After accommodate we will have a hike where will visit the mammal clay lick, where we can have a change to see mammals; eating the clay. On the way we can see the fauna and flora, medicinal plants. Then we will back to the camping for dinner… we overnight in our comfortable camping.
DAY 2: MACAW CLAY LICK, WAKLS, SWIMMING AMAZON RIVER:
Early in the morning after breakfast we will visit the Pariamanu macaw clay lick on the river wall, where we will see macaws and parrots gather in a multicoloured spectacle eating the clay (the clay is a kind or medicine for the animals helps the digestion for the high contain in minerals such as: calcium, sodium potassium and other salt) this is an experience you will never forget. After that we will back to the lodge for lunch and rest.
After rest we can take swim in the Pariamanu River without danger. And then in the evening we will have a little walk. Then will back to the camping place for dinner; after dinner optional activities. Caiman hunting or night walk taking our torches and we are going to look for nocturnal animals: birds, capybaras, caimans where our guide will show and explain you, we overnight in our comfortable camping.
DAY 3: MACAW CLAY LICK, WAKLS, SWIMMING, AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITONS:
Early in the morning before breakfast we will go for a walk to watch birds then we go to Pariamanu macaw clay lick. After that we will back to the camping place. And then we will travel back to our next camping place.
In this camping place we have toilet and shower. And we will go for fishing. After dinner night walk. We overnight in our comfortable camping
DAY 4: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS, CAMPING PLACE, CANOPY WALK, NATIVE FAMILY:
Very early in the morning we will visit the small clay lick, where we will watch parrots licking on the wall, then we will take the boat river down, and then we will arrive to the next camping place.
Then we will visit the native family where they’ll tell us about their culture and show us weapon, souvenir, etc. after lunch we’ll go the canopy walk from where we are going to have a good view and we we’ll be able to watch some birds or animal. Then go for dinner. We overnight in our comfortable camping
DAY 5: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS, CAMPING PLACE, SANDOVAL LAKE:
After breakfast we will travel to Sandoval oxbow lake port, from there we will enter to national reserve (TAMBOPATA CANDAMO) by walk. After checking, we start to walk for about one hour and then we will arrive to the Sandoval Lake Lodge where will accommodate in our rooms, the Sandoval Lake is near the lodge. This Lodge is into the National Reserve what difference between other lodges is.
Where we guaranty you see more flora and fauna and be in touch with the nature. We will visit the Sandoval oxbow lake where we take a long easy canoe around the lake; we will look for the river giant otter, black caiman (family of crocodiles) birds as: hoatzins, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, etc. Return to the lodge for dinner and after dinner we will visit again the amazing lake (padding) with our torches to see the black caimans, they hunt at night, where we will show and explain you. We overnight in a comfortable lodge.
DAY 6: MACAW PALM LICK, SWIMING IN THE LAKE, AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS:
We will get up very early to go to see macaw palm lick, this is a special place around the National Reserve where different types of macaws and parrots go to eat in the dead palms, the palms are rich in minerals as: calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. which is very important for the digestion. Then we will back to the lodge for the breakfast.
After breakfast we will go for walking to see the amazing flora, and in the way we can see some mammals like: monkeys, deer, peccaries, tapirs, sloth, anteaters, etc. Then we back to the lodge for lunch.
After lunch we can swim in the lake without danger. After that we are going to visit the Sandoval Lake on canoe where we will see the diversity of flora and fauna around the lake. Then we go back to the lodge for dinner. After dinner we can take a hike to see nocturnal animals as: night birds, insect, spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, frogs, etc. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
DAY 7: AMAZON RIVER EXPEDITIONS LODGE, TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT:
After breakfast transfer to Puerto Maldonado, and transfer to the airport o bus station
End of service[tab: INCLUDED TOURS]
Included in the Amazon River Expeditions:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon River Expeditions:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon River Expeditions:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.