Amazon River Expeditions 5 days / 4 nights[tab: OVERVIEW]
Tours camping river pariamanu, macaw clay, tambopata adventure in Amazon river expeditions by 5 days
- Length: 5 Days
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Lake Sandoval, Amazon River Expeditions
- Activities: Jungle Adventure Trips, Amazon River Expeditions, Macaw Clay Lick, Wakls, Swimming, Sandoval Lake, Lodges, Amazon River Expeditions
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Quick Itinerary of the Amazon River Expeditions Pariamanu:
Tour Day 1: Airport, Puerto Maldonado, Jungle Adventure Trip, Camping, Amazon River Expeditions
Tour Day 2: Macaw Clay Lick, Wakls, Swimming, Amazon River Expeditions
Tour Day 3: Lodge, Sandoval Lake, Amazon River Expeditions
Tour Day 4: Macaw Palm Lick, Swimming in the lake, Amazon River Expeditions
Tour Day 5: Lodge, Transfer to the Airport, Amazon River Expeditions[tab: ITINERARY]
Detailed expeditions to the Amazon river route
DAY 1: Airport, Puerto Maldonado, Jungle Adventure Trip, Camping, Amazon River Expeditions
Reception in airport, transfer to the river port where we will receive a tropical fruit beverage and begin our motor trip in the Madre de Dios River, during the boat trip will see different confluences of the rivers on this area, like: Piedras River, Pariamanu River, etc.
On the way we will see different kind of birds like: herons, egrets, cormorants, wild duck, vultures, kingfishers, eagles, caracaras, caimans, turtles and capybaras (the largest rodent in the world) sunning on the beaches, we will have our box lunch on board, then we will arrive to our camping place, where we will camping on the river beach.
DAY 2: Macaw Clay Lick, Wakls, Swimming, Amazon River Expeditions
Early in the morning we will travel a little more and we will arrive to Pariamanu macaw clay lick where is on the river wall, where we will see macaws and parrots gather in a multicoloured spectacle eating the clay (the clay is a kind or medicine for the animals helps the digestion for the high contain in minerals as: calcium, sodium potassium and other sold) this is an experience you will never forget.
After that we will walk and we will visit mammal clay lick, where we can have a change to see mammals. After that we will travel river down and we will go to the next camping place. After 5 hours we will arrive to the camping place and we over night in our comfortable camping.
DAY 3: Maloka Lodge, Amazon River Expeditions
Very early in the morning we will leave from the lodge, river down by motorized boat. We will have our breakfast on board. Then we arrive to Sandoval oxbow lake port, from there we will enter to National Reserve (TAMBOPATA CANDAMO) by walk. After checking, we start to walk about one hour and then we will arrive to the Mejia lodge where will accommodate in our rooms, the Sandoval Lake is near the lodge. The lodge does not have private bathroom but it is located into the reserve zone what difference with the other lodges is.
Where we guaranty you will see more flora and fauna and be in touch with the nature. We will visit the Sandoval oxbow lake where we take a long easy canoe around the lake; we will look for the river giant otter, black caiman (family of crocodiles) birds as: hoatzins, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, etc. Return to the lodge for dinner and after dinner we will visit again the amazing lake (padding) with our torches to see the black caimans, they hunt at night, where we will show and explain you. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
DAY 4: Macaw Palm Lick, Swimming in the lake, Amazon River Expeditions
We will get up very early to go to see macaw palm lick, this is a special place around the National Reserve where different types of macaws and parrots go to eat in the dead palms, the palms are rich in minerals as: calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. which is very important for the digestion. Then we will back to the lodge for the breakfast.
After breakfast we will go for walking to see the amazing flora, and in the way we can see some mammals like: monkeys, deer, peccaries, tapirs, sloth, anteaters, etc. Then we back to the lodge for lunch.
After lunch we can swim in the lake without danger. After that we are going to visit the Sandoval Lake on canoe where we will see the diversity of flora and fauna around the lake. Then we go back to the lodge for dinner. After dinner we can take a hike to see nocturnal animals as: night birds, insect, spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, frogs, etc. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
DAY 5: Lodge, Transfer to the Airport, Amazon River Expeditions
After breakfast transfer to Puerto Maldonado, city tour and transfer to the airport.
End of service[tab: INCLUDED]
Included in the Amazon River Expeditions ParaiManu:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon River Expeditions ParaiManu:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon River Expeditions ParaiManu:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.