Amazon River Expeditions Pariamanu 2 days / 1 night[tab: OVERVIEW]
Tours sandoval lake reserve in peru nature and ecological reserve to the amazon river expeditions by 2 days
- Length: 2 Days
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Lake Sandoval, Amazon River Expeditions
- Activities: Jungle Adventure Trips, Amazon River Expeditions, Macaw Clay Lick, Wakls, Swimming, Sandoval Lake, Lodges, Amazon River Expeditions
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: USD
Quick Itinerary of the Amazon River Expeditions Pariamanu:
Tour Day 1: Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake, Amazon river expeditions
Tour Day 2: Sandoval Lake, Amazon river expeditions, Puerto Maldonado, Airport[tab: ITINERARY]
Detailed expeditions to the Amazon river route
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake, Amazon river expeditions:
Reception in airport, transfer to the river port (capitania port) Box lunch on board, one hour on Boat River down, by motorized boat. It will take us to the Sandoval oxbow lake port; from there we will enter to National Reserve (TAMBOPATA CANDAMO) by walk. After checking, we start to walk about one hour and then we will arrive to the Mejia lodge where will accommodate in our rooms, near the lake. The lodge does not have private bathroom and shower but it is located into the reserve zone what difference with the other lodges is.
Where we guaranty you will see more flora and fauna and be in touch with the nature. After accommodate we will visit the Sandoval Lake where we take a long easy canoe around the lake; where is possible to see the river giant otter, black caimans (family of crocodiles) birds, as: hoatzins, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, etc.
Return to the lodge for dinner and after dinner we will visit again the amazing lake (padding) with our torches to see the black caimans. They hunt at night, where we will show and explain you. We overnight in our comfortable lodge.
Day 2: Sandoval Lake, Amazon river expeditions, Puerto Maldonado, Airport:
Early in the morning after breakfast we will go back in the same way to Puerto Maldonado, city tour and transfer to the airport.
End of service[tab: INCLUDED]
Included in the Amazon River Expeditions:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 1x lunch, 1x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon River Expeditions:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon River Expeditions:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.