Amazon Peru – Sandoval Lake 2 days/ 1 night
If you are short of time, but you would not like to miss out a visit of Peruvian Rainforest, then this 2-day program is absolutely perfect to you!! Sandoval Lake is a lake situated in the Sandoval Lake Reserve, within Amazon Rainforest, in the Madre de Dios Department, near a city of Puerto Maldonado. The reserve refuges diverse animals, for example, giant river otters, turtles, black caimans, monkeys, birds such as a prehistoric bird Shansho, macaws, parrots, cormorants, kingfishers and others in Sandoval Lake.
The reserve also boasts with a specific, which is the Collpa de palmeras, a special place where macaws and parrots fly down to eat dry palms that are rich in mineral salts, calcium, sodium, potassium, etc. These trace elements help them to digest – Sandoval Lake.
Short description of the Amazon Peru, Sandoval Lake:
- Length: 2 Days/1 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve,
- Activities: Amazon Peru, Sandoval Lake, walking in amazon , Night walk .
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – December .
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 300.00 USD
Itinerary of o the Amazon Peru, Sandoval Lake
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO – AMAZON PERU SANDOVAL LAKE – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE:
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River. On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys, turtles, caimans, etc., until we reach a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (1 and half an hour) to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Sandoval Lake Lodge. There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch, we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc. Then, we return to the lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation, as caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We overnight in the Sandoval lake lodge.
DAY 2: AMAZON PERU – MACAW PALM TREE – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – PUERTO MALDONADO:
Today, we wake up very early go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh. This place is called Collpa de Palmeras MACAW PALM TREE treeand it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve. We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. We return to the Sandoval lake lodge for lunch. Afterwards, we get ready for a return way boarding a canoe again to sail over the Sandoval Lake followed by a walk to the checkpoint and from there sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Amazon Peru – Sandoval Lake:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Transfer transportation to the airport.
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Rooms with private bathroom 1 nights in Sandoval Lake lodges;
- First aid kit,
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Amazon Peru – Sandoval Lake:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Amazon Peru – Sandoval Lake:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.
LODGE SANDOVAL LAKE AMAZON PERU 2 days / 1 night:
OUR LODGE IN PERU – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE RESERVE
Booking Now to Sandoval Lake Lodge Reserve
Use the form below to Book now with trips to Machu Picchu – Operator Agency in Peru – Trekking Machu Picchu, Salkantay Trek Lares Trek, Choquequirao Trek, City Tours Cusco, Puno, Arequipa, Lima, Tambopata, Lake Sandoval Reserve, Sandoval Lake Lodge, Manu National Park, Amazon Iquitos. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Tour Name: Amazon Peru – Sandoval Lake 2 days / 1 night
Comments or questions are welcome.
Online Payments Sandoval Lake Lodge
Online payments with VISA to SANDOVAL LAKE. To pay for this medium On Line, click the icon or link Visa payment – ONLINE PAYMENTS; you will be transferred to the form where you can perform the operation with your credit card safely with ITS.