Wild Travel Amazon – Casa Sandoval Lake 3 dias
- Duración: 4 días / 3 noches .
- Albergue : Sandoval Lake .
- Tipo de servicio : Grupo .
- Ubicación : Southern Perú , Departamento de Madre de Dios .
- Actividades: Tambopata Peru , Lago Sandoval, Caminatas Rainforest, .
- Altitud : 139-400 m.a.s.l.
- Mejor Epoca para visitar : Desde Marzo a Diciembre .
- Salida: Consultar Disponibilidades del Viaje .
- Mínimo de participantes: 2 .
- Número máximo de participantes : 10 .
- Precio por persona : $ 315 :00
DAY 1 PUERTO MALDONADO AIRPORT AND SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE .
Arrival and reception by guide or transfer at the airport or bus station. Our guides are highly experience professionals with deeply knowledge of the area and rainforest, we provide 1 guide for a group of max 8 people, most of our tours are private as standard. Transfer from the airport to our main office in town. Upon arrival to Pto. Maldonado City, our Transfer or guide will welcome you and drive you for few minutes to our office in town. In our office we recommend you to pack only the necessary stuff you need for your next couple of days, the main luggage can stay at our safe deposit. Transportation it’s easier that way, and keep our boats and porter cargo light, we provide you duffel at the office if necessary, we also provide you rubber boots for muddy trails, and you can select a proper size from our collection .Transfer from our office to Tambopata river Port In full company and orientation of our guide we navigate down the Tambopata River for almost 5 minutes until the Madre de Dios River then 30 minutes journey down the river by motor canoe brings you to the entrance trail to Sandoval Lake Box lunch in the boat. We can customize your box lunch with a vegetarian option, we also provide cold bottled drinks in the boat. The trail takes you on a 1.6 miles walk (2.5 kilometers) walk through a successional forest, former Giant natural bamboo forest, habitat for monkeys, sloth and macaws, until we reach a small canal where we board our paddle-canoes, we paddle for 100 meters (nearly the same in yards) through a palm-forest swamp, abundance of “aguajes” (mauritia Palms) those palm provide the most popular fruit of the Peruvian rainforest, highly consume by locals as drinks and ice-creams. Once onto the glass-like surface of the lake, we continue leisurely around the lake to the lodge. A welcome drink and briefing from the lodge’s manager at the reception area of the lodge. Accommodation and a Little rest, at rooms or hummocks Before dinner depending on arrival time we set off to explore part of the lake, looking for monkeys or black Cayman (black Caymans are the biggest of the Cayman and alligator family, biggest one seen at the lake 6 meters long/20 feet so fur) in the flooded palm forest we can see hundreds of Red-bellied macaws as they return to roost. One the few species of macaws that lives in flocks and mauritia palm swamps such the one at Sandoval Lake. We also have the option of a night walk into the forest behind the lodge.
Dinner at the lodge.
DAY 2 EXPLORING SANDOVAL NATURE GIANT RIVER OTTERS .
An early wake call and meeting at the lodges’ dining room to visit the lake for sunrise and a hopeful encounter with the friendly family of Giant Otters who are highly active at this time of the lake, Giant otters must eat an average of 8 pounds of fish a day (4 kilos) .Sandoval lake offers abundant wildlife including: 6 species of monkeys, black Caymans, over 40 species of birds resident to the lakes’ shore, all 5 species of kingfisher of Peru, and the most abundant group of Hoatzin, all the animals here are easy to photograph from the boats.
Return to the lodge for breakfast.
By mid-morning we set off into the jungle to see Giant trees like the kapok and Brazil nut trees the two biggest trees of the amazon, our guide will show you and demonstrate how we collect open and commercialize this extremely important product to our local economy. We return midday to the lodge. Lunch A Little rest in the bungalows or hummocks. At evening we take our paddle-canoe and explore a different area of the lake in search of the different troops of monkeys, highly active at this time of the day, Brown Capuchin monkey and Squirrel monkey live in the forest near the lake. Before dinner we will again enjoy a nice night walk looking for the spooky tarantulas and snakes.
DAY 3 RETURNED TO PUERTO MALDONADO AND AIRPORT OR BUS STATION .
Optional hiking in the jungle or early visit to the lake before breakfast and transfer back to the office and the airport
Included in the Sandoval Lake :
- A professional naturalist tour guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Transfer transportation to the airport.
- Rooms with private bathroom 2 Nights
- First-aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 2 Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Sandoval Lake :
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Breakfast on the first day and Lunch on the last day;
- Travel insurance
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you to the Sandoval Lake :
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.